Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

VW bus blog... my new hobby...


Well, every person needs a hobby... and I've decided that I know what I want my hobby to be!

VW's!!!

I love them! I love the classics... I can't help but notice them whenever I go anywhere, and I get so excited when I see them. For example... everyday on my way home from work, as I'm coming down this one hill, there is a house I pass that has a few old vw's in the back yard. You can barely see them because of all the trees and stuff. So, I have driven by really slowly a few times to get a better look. One time I even drove over the the neighborhood and knocked on the front door of the house. When noone came, I took the liberty of walking around the side, into the yard and getting a closer look at the old bug and bus. It was a thrill! But, they were pretty thrashed... I do still try to catch a glimpse pretty often as I drive by.

Now, on my drive I've noticed there is a house off of the road a little ways with one baja bug that they drive around and another bug in the side yard, covered with a tarp. Once the tarp was off a little and I got a little peak... but I usually glance down there as I pass, just in case the tarp is off.

The other day at work a lady gave me this calendar with a bunch of classic bugs, busses, and ghia's etc. It got me all excited about them again.

As you know, from my earlier blog, I recently got a new beetle. I love it! It is hecka fun and reminds me of the days when I used to drive around in my '73 super beetle.

My wife loves me, and always wants to get me stuff that I think is cool. She has gotten me little model bugs, a hot wheels one, etc. Her parents even got me a model to put together.

Anyway... I decided that this was my new hobby.

I wanted to put a cool picture of an old vw on this blog... so this is one I found. There were some awesome ones in the calendar I got... but this is the best I could find tonight.

Peace out!

Dave

Comments:
vw obsessions are the best ones to have. i purchased a '71 super beetle this morning, as a matter of fact..so i hear you. :)

much love from one vw addict to another!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?